Sunday, November 2, 2008

A sunny day and a layout ...

Manage to complete the Friday night challenge tonight at Sketchbook, well almost. Let's just say was a quick 30 min playing tonight (Sunday) and I managed the black and orange elements but missed the stamping bit ... but I like it anyway ...
After a very windy Saturday with the odd spot of rain and a cancelled bonfire night, we ended up with a day like this today ... just GORGEOUS!


Pics taken at St Clair beach this afternoon - loving the feel of summer days getting closer :)
Another busy weekend over and done, had school fair on Saturday, then Finn had a little incident on his bike. He has been learning to tie his shoe laces lately, which is all good, except when he leaves it a bit long then goes for a ride on his bike. Yip, lace got caught in the pedal and he ended up coming off the bike, luckily it was only onto the grass in the backyard but now he has a very sore arm. I took him to the doctor yesterday arvo and after checking he was reasonably confident it wasn't broken but I'm not so sure today. Finn is happy in himself but he won't use his arm and doesn't like any pressure on a certain area of it. So just to be sure I will be taking him down to the hospital in the morning for an xray just to check whether it's a break or just bruising - better safe than sorry I think!!!
Also done some shopping today, and hopefully if I get everything hooked up ok tomorrow I will be blogging from my new laptop. Got some new work in the pipeline so getting setup for it :)
well it's 11pm now and past my bedtime
nite

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww poor Finn, I say if he's hesitant then go with that mother instinct and get the x-ray. At leat you will know for sure. Liking that layout BTW, love how you use white space. Enjoy that new laptop and those beach photos look great. OUr SUnday was like that too.

Trace said...

Yep, we were down at the beach yesterday too, wasn't it gorgeous. I've seen a child with a broken arm pull his Mum out of the Dr's surgery using his broken arm..so I'm with you, I certainly think it pays to check.

Anonymous said...

yeah i would check that arm too... some children are very good at hiding injuries....as for the new laptop - mmmmm cool.... love the beach pics too... we had a stunner here yesterday too... so so warm

Anonymous said...

That beach pic with the shoes in front is awesome! Love days like that ... summer is coming! Beautiful layout and yep I'd get that arm x-rayed too ... better to know for sure. Yay for a new laptop ... I love mine.