Monday, November 10, 2008

School fair season ...

and on the whole the weather has come to the party. Weekend before last was Finn's school fair, this was kind of overshadowed by the evenets afterwards (Finn breaking his arm). But I managed to pick up a few bargains in the 'used goods' section in the school hall - a kitset computer desk for only $12 and two small shelves that I now have on my scrap desk for only $2 each! Very pleased witht that :)
Then this past weekend was another local school's turn and once again I found myself in the school hall picking up some more bargains ...... this small set of drawers for only $2 - plan is to sand this back, repaint and use drawers for my stamps as it is a perfect size! The lovely old cup and saucer sets were only $2 each set as well - plan to make some very cool pin cushions with these - got the idea from Janine who showed me one she had purchased at a local market.

And then this little gem .... you guessed it was only $2 as well. Plan is to alter it and add photos in the spaces like what I am doing with the print tray.So lots of little projects to keep me busy ... now just have to find some time to get stuck into them.
Am off south tonight for a day training tomorrow for my new contract job that I will be doing from home, back home Wednesday then hopefully life will return back to normal - well at least at normal as it gets round here!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you HAVE shopped well!!!!! as for all of these new projects- gosh you will be busy!!!! will look great when done!!!

Anonymous said...

Lots of great bargains there. Would love to see the pin cushion done in the cups though.

Anonymous said...

I need to shop with you, great bargins. Now those cups and saucers are stunning and will look fab when you finish with them.

Trace said...

Wow, they sure were some great buys. Will you share with us the cup and saucer creations once you have them done? I have three that I inherited off my Nana, and of course don't want to throw them, but don't really know what to do with them...so think that's a really cool idea.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What awesome bargains!! Love the wee house and those drawers are superb.

Lara said...

what gorgeous things you have to play with now! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Wow what fab bargains...never thought of doing the school fairs for scrapping supplies. Can't wait to see what you create with them....will be waiting for pictures LOL