Thursday, November 27, 2008

A layout, a card and some shopping ....

Am a bit of a slack blogger this week, no not doing anything exciting just working all hours of the day and night this week - one of the downfalls of working from home is that it is always there!! So am looking forward to my 3 day weekend now to get all my other stuff done that I have been neglecting ...
But I did manage to get this layout submitted on Monday for the latest comp at ScrappinPatch my take on 'Nic Howard' style - I am really pleased with how it turned out. Got the papers and initial layout planned at a crop on Sunday and then did the sewing and added the journalling, title and other embellies when I got home.

Last week I whipped up a few of these .....
Emma will be 4 in early January, and as it is the holiday season she misses out on the traditional party with her wee mates as they are all away. So have decided to have a little something a month early, so next week I will have five 4 year olds for a tea party! Yes ... there will be cupcakes and lots of pink and sparkles - LOL!!

And finally ... yes it is the season for retail bargains ... did a bit of online shopping on Friday night to take advantge of the 30% discount at ScrappinPatch. This box of goodies arrived on my doorstep on Tuesday morning but I have been a good girl and haven't touched any of it yet - except to unpack it. I will hopefully have a play tonight - but I can just see those papers being used a layout after a certain party next week - *wink*! Maybe I should have bought more of them - LOL! Oh yeah and also preordered some white Primas - they should be here next week I think!!
I also see there is a big sale on over at SBO at the mo - wonder if there is any room left on my visa???! LOL!
Well must off visitors have just arrived ....


7 comments:

Vicki said...

Of course theres room on Mr Visa - its the keeping track of what I've ordered where that gets me! LOL. Love your "Nic" layout - so pretty. Good idea having the party early and looking forward to photos of the tea party. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

nice layout and cute card..... and as for the shopping.... mmmmm am off to SBO shortly myself

Anonymous said...

Ummmm - you got so goooooood stuff there! I missed that sale; I was trying to be good. But I went weak at the knees and have burst the visa at SBO instead!!! Gotta keep the economy going don't we??! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ooooh a tea party .... can you have another one when I'm down there in April? Cute invites. And the shopping ... lucky you!

Trace said...

Nice little stash there Mich! Those four year old girls are just going to love the tea party!

Anonymous said...

aww those invites are so cute they wil love that tea party. Like the goodies you got at SP and as Kelly says we have to keep the economy going. Like your Nic layout, very pretty.

Mrs Frizz said...

Gorgeous pic of Emma and beautiful layout.

I'm hoping the cupcake queen does her thing in a few months when I'm up there ... lol.

Hope the wee cupcake princess enjoys her birthday party.