Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WOW ... inspired ...

 
Hello peoples ...
I was lucky enough to head up to Timaru the weekend before last to Artfull Crafts for a weekend being inspired by the amazing Donna Downey. All I can say is ... 'wow' ... Donna is such a funny lady, and so inspiring and with a real passion for helping teach techniques and ideas.
 
I did 3 classes with her over the weekend, the first being '40 techniques for art journals' - this was alot of different uses of paints, inks, pan pastels, stencils, stamps, bubblewrap, gladwrap, tinfoil, cardboard tubes ... very cool and I now have a journal with all these techniques as a reference for future art journals. We had a preprinted sticker to add to each page as a reminder of how we got each effect. This class was 6 hours long, but it really whizzed by.

 
 
The next class on Saturday evening was a canvas class ... this used some of the techniques we learnt in the art journal class ... great to see how these worked together ... and here is the final product ... I personally love it!
 

And here I am with my finished canvas and the amazing Donna ...


On Sunday morning we completed a vintage album ... quite simple materials but they have an amazing effect when all combined ... this is an album I will be creating again soon!
The pages were corrugated card, with calico fabric, sacking material, a few tags, a frame, a bit of prima and there you have it ;)


Now that the weather has turned colder I am finding my creative mojo coming back ... maybe I'm just a winter scrapper? I sat down on Sunday for a couple of hours and completed the journalling on 2 layouts and then created and finished another 2 layouts. And now with a long weekend coming up I plan to get a few more created.

This weekend I am also endeavouring to clean out the cupboard in the spare room/craft room/office ... you know the type of cupboard ... the one the gets everything thrown in it - haha. I have a ton of old scrapbook stuff that I want to sort through ... Emma might end up with a  her art trolley ... and a box I will give to someone I know who is starting to scrapbook.

So what are you up to for the weekend?

No comments: