Sunday, November 20, 2011

Snapshot Sunday ...

... hello, how are we this week?
On the mad countdown to Christmas already? Bit hectic in this house ... lots of hours at work so barely enough time to get everything sorted for few weeks left til the 25th of December! A bit of planning has taken place this weekend for present ideas ... right all sorted ... but wait I have a girl turning 7 on Jan 3rd ... argh ... now I have to rethink what I need to also get her for that day too!!!

A busy week ahead ... lots more hours at work, then a house full of family and friends coming for Mr Piano Man (Elton John) who is performing in town on Friday night. Should a fantastic concert ... well our Mum's are very excited anyway!

I had a fun day today ... after catching up with the Scrap girls for a few hours this morning, I headed to 'My Book and Bubbles' - an event put on by Paper Plus. Has anyone else been to one of these? If one comes to your area I would highly recommend going along - especially for the entertainment factor of Kerre Woodham - she is so funny! So with a glass of bubbly on arrival and high tea served during the couple of hours - it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The authors who spoke were - Kerre Woodham, Sarah-Kate Lynch, Catherine Robertson, Nalini Singh and Laura Faire. Needless to say my list of books I want to read now has a few more added to it! I did come away with the first of Kerre's books - "Short Fat Chick to Marathon Runner", which I also got autographed afterwards.

So Snapshots for this Sunday ... yes another sporty shot ... and one especially for Janine ...

... Miss Emma up batting for her t-ball team ... they had a win 23-18 ...

... and two new characters that have come to live at my house ... the turquoise wooden one is from a very cool funky store (that I might just happen to work for hehehe) ... and the fabric one was purchased at a small giftstore in Clyde ...



Hope you all have a great week ... and to those of you travelling to Dunners for Mr Elton on Friday night, I hope you have lots of fun too - I'll try and spot you in the crowd of 35,000!!



m :)

5 comments:

Andrea C said...

I've read the Short Fat Chick book - it's brilliant. I read it when I was training for the half marathon and it was so funny!

Janine said...

I also read Kerre's book when I signed up for my half marathon. I have her second one too. Love that cute wooden owl, he is adorable. Have fun with Elton John, that should be an awesome event. Eeeks at people who have birthdays close to xmas. Our mum is Dec 29. Mike and I sorted our lists for presents for the close family over the weekend.

Hannah said...

Ah yes, I can relate to the busyness thing ... I have something on almost every single night AND weekend until Christmas!

Have a great time at the concert. I still have fab memories of the Elton John/Billy Joel concert we went to years ago. I'm sure you'll all have a wonderful night.

Cute owlies!

mandyb said...

have fun with elton!!!
sing ya heart out!!!

Mrs Frizz said...

Looking forward to the rocket man ... sitting here bopping away in my seat - not a good look really ... will keep my eyes and ears open for ya buddy.