Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Decluttering ....

I decided this year I wanted to start the year a bit more organised than before - hence the need to declutter, simplify spaces and storage areas! So just about all done now - I have a pile of rubbish to go to the dump, old handme down furniture to go, and clothes for the charity bin. I must say I am very pleased with my efforts. Have simplified my scrap area and think this has helped give me a bit of a creative boost as have managed to finish off 4 layouts yesterday, and have another 3 on the go at the moment - and a few project ideas floating round in the head too! OK so this productivity is not all due to the declutter but also to the fact of having no kids round too :) But is saying that it is much tooo quiet round this house, no morning smiles/giggles from two little people bursting into my room, and no cuddles in bed watching the morning news followed by cartoons. No impromptu hugs and little helpers round the house, so as much as it has been a great weekend with hubby, I am looking forward to the kids coming home this afternoon! Yes I am nuts and probably by Thursday I'll be wanting the peace and quiet again - LOL!
The weekend though was great amongst my decluttering - tea out on Friday night, a couple of hours in town on Saturday, watching a whole dvd uninterupted (not a kids one too!), and being able to go for a walk the dog together in the evening. And also for me a day and a bit to myself to muck round sorting out my decluttered scrap space and work on my scrap layouts - fun :)
So must away, while I still have time to myself ........ might have some pics to post next time ....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on the decluttering, it's often such a huge job and that's why it gets put off. I bet you feel great now that it's all done.
Sounds like you've made the most of your kid-free time but I can understand you wanting them home again. I'm the same - I long for the peace & quiet, but then I miss them heaps! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yay for decluttering ... I've been playing that game too, now the only trick will be actually getting the rubbish pile taken away! Feels good though. Can't wait to see all those layouts you've been working on ... unfortunately my mojo is still on holiday.

Trace said...

It's just amazing how much you can get done when there aren't any kids at home LOL! Always feels great to have a big clean out session I think.

Anonymous said...

go you on that decluttering. Enjoy that time being childless. I bet the kids are having a ball but will be pleased to come home again. Can't wait to see your layouts.

Mrs Frizz said...

So ... is it show and tell yet???

I remember missing mine when they were little too ... and then they grew up!!!