Friday, October 18, 2013

2013 Book Club

This year I was invited by a friend to join a book club and I jumped at the chance. I haven't really put much effort into reading over the past few years ... and I've seen so many good books I want to read so I though this would be a great kickstart for me to read a variety of authors and get that 'bookworm' bug back ...
Also it has been a great way to meet a great group of local girls ... we have met approx once a month on a Friday night taking turns to host at our homes, with a few wines and a homemade dessert ... a great recipe for a fun night!
 

The books we have read are:

The Storyteller - Jodi Picoult
Six Years - Harlan Coben
Children of Liberty - Paullina Simons
The Help - Kathryn Sockett
The Glass Castle - Jeanette Walls
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

and our final one for the year is The End of Your Life Book Club - Will Schwalbe ... which I'm yet to start reading. We're going to have a meal out for our last Book club 'meeting' of the year and then hopefully start again in the new year ... though there may be a few 'extras' at our meetings as 3 of the 7 girls are pregnant - no not me!!!!! ;)

Now I am looking for a variety of books to add to my summer reading list ... so what books do you recommend?

No comments: