Saturday, April 24, 2010

Still busy ...

... for this the month of 'me' LOL! Yes the old birthday is here this coming week, another year older ...
It has been a very different month ... lots of travel and fun with the kids, and will finish with a weekend of fun and laughs next week with Scrap Camp on here in Dunedin (starting Thursday night). But has also been a very thought provoking month with the sudden passing of a beautiful lady - makes you really sit back and think about all that you have to be grateful for, and to push yourself and give everything that life has to offer a go.

So to my creative side ... I had been trying to get my scrap gear sorted for camp but couldn't resist creating a couple of projects ...

This layout uses one of the photos I took at Emma's early 5th birthday party last year, when all the girls were dressed up in their fairy skirts and wings. The pp is Crate Paper 'Paper Doll' Collection that I recently got from SBO - couldn't resist it especially when one of the papers was called 'Emma'!!! Add a bit of tulle, some machine stitching and a handmade layered flower and I have a layout I really love!!


Also whipped up this framed butterfly for Emma's room. Yes this is the same Crate Paper as I used above and this is actually both sides of the 'Emma' paper in the Paper Doll Collection - very appropriate I think! ;) The butterfly was cut out by hand, add a bit of a Prima swirl, a few buttons and it's perfect for my girl. (The frame was just a cheapy from the Big Red Shed)


Next is a minibook that I have been meaning to put together for a while. I think I got these Cosmo Cricket 'Girl Friday' papers a couple of months ago - so with a few chipboard pages and my trusty Zutter binder here is a cool book to remind Emma of her days at Kindy ...

(yes another handmade layered flower)


After next weekend I should have a pile of creations to share ... until then I have some recent photos to print off, journalling to type and print out, and a bit of planning to do with regard to my large old printers tray that I want to alter.

5 comments:

mandyb said...

cool stuff.... love that flower...do you have a link of 'how to make them'???

as for the printers tray I am also wanting to jazz mine up a little!!! cant wait to see what you do with yours!!!!

Mrs Frizz said...

cool flowers ... awesome creativity ... love your wee mini albums as well ... way too cool ...

Janine said...

lol I have been carrying your card round with me for a week, it even went to Tokoroa with me lol. I will get it in the post Monday.

Oh man you are going to have so much fun this coming week. Oh love the mini album and layout....

Trace said...

Happy birthday for this coming week Mich. Have a ball at scrapcamp.

Twobees said...

Love the album and butterfly. It all looks fantastic. Not long now Mich. 4 more sleeps :)