Thursday, March 18, 2010

Quiet ... and still creating ...

... been a bit quiet on the old blog here but my mojo is still here - yippee! Have completed 19 layouts to date this year, which for me is a pretty good number. Am getting mostly recent photos scrapped and then doing some older ones as I come across different ideas/papers or sketches that inspire me. Also helped by spending 2 Sundays in recent months scrapping with Bronny and the girls up at Waitahuna ... am so looking forward to the Dunedin Scrap Camp at the end of next month - 3 days of scrapping with no household/child duties getting in the way - bring it on! LOL!
Some of my layouts for a little show and tell ...
- am loving Bella Blvd papers so bright and fun...

- love 'white space' and not feeling like I have to fill the whole page up ...

- and a new page recipe - have done a 'Glance at 2009' in one page layout - very simple and quick to put together. Am going to do one page for each month of this year, with slightly less photos so I can put a journal panel along the bottom for a quick run down on what we have been up to. Have completed one for January and am all set to start on my February layout. I like having the stripe of patterned paper down the side and want to tie that with the month - ie January I have a stripe of Imaginisce paper with iceblocks for that summer feel. February I might use some Bella Blvd with the hearts on. You will notice that also in the below layout I added the month to each of the photos before prinitng - I did this in Picasa, very similar to how I put dates on all my photos for my Project 365 last year.

Other happenings in our house ...
I now have a 7 year old boy, it was his birthday at the beginning of the month. He was so excited and was telling everyone who would listen that it was 8 sleeps to go ... then 7 ... then 6 ... he looked like he was going to burst with all the excitement! We celebrated with lunch out (it was a Saturday), the a few friends here in the afternoon, then his choice for tea .... yip you guessed it ... Macaroni Cheese - my boy is easily pleased!!!!
This is a photo of him after tea, with his 'skateboard' cake - looks a bit fat to be a skateboard but didn't think the kids would like a wafer thin cake!!
DH and I also celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary last week ... time feels like it has flown by.
And finally to all my blog readers (and stalkers) - though I sure by now nobody actually checks in here ... here is a rose for all of you ... specially grown in my garden just for you!

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Love the idea of 'at a glance' for each month. What a fabulous photo on the trampoline and loving 'white' space too.

mandyb said...

am with you on the white space...and wowsa you are on fire with ALL those layouts.... ps love that rose...beautiful

Trace said...

Yep, still here and reading lol. Love those layouts Mich, might have to scraplift 'Fly' if you don't mind...Beautiful rose...

Hannah said...

Well I am still reading too! What a gorgeous rose.
Fantastic layouts, and a great job on the skateboard cake!

Janine said...

love the rose that is gorgeous. Love teh fly photo of Finn, awesome action shot. Glad he had a fab birthday. Happy Belated Wedding Anny day. Love the month at a glance layout. Good luck for this weekend. Will reply to your email after Sunday :-).BTW thanks for the card it is gorgeous.

Mrs Frizz said...

Great to see bloglines doing its thing ... welcome back to the land of blogging.

What a totally fab-u-lous skateboard cake!!!!

And that rose ... absolutely stunning!!!!

See you next month.

Anonymous said...

I Check each day in hope of update or inspiration.
Have fun tomorrow
Carol